While we still have a few weeks to wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, now is the perfect time to start thinking about what you might like to treat yourself or your home.
In recent years, Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales have moved from online to the high street with some retailers giving it a whole week of discounts. Amazon give it a whole month! According to figures released by the online retailer, their customers saved a whopping £40 million on everything from juicers to home security alarms.
So, to give you a helping hand, we’ve put together a “wishlist”. A selection of home essentials that our team are looking to purchase to help them and their homes. Some of the items on the wishlist will even help you save money in the long run.
While we don’t know which retailers will be offering or if they will even be included in the sale, it’s worth considering purchasing if any of them pop up.
- Ring Doorbell – The Ring Doorbell is probably the best piece of smart tech you could have in your home. This nifty little device replaces your traditional doorbell and allows you to answer the door from anywhere. When the doorbell detects motion, a notification is sent to your phone, table or computer. You are then able to hear and speak to the visitor. Should you have a driveway, this is great for keeping an eye on vehicles, especially with spate of keyless car theft across the UK. It’s also handy if you happen to be out and a courier trys to deliver a parcel, you can simply ask them to leave it in a secure place or deliver it to a neighbour.
- Google Nest Thermostat – Smart thermostats make it really easy to save money and energy. The Google Nest Thermostat “learns” what temperatures you like when you are home. It even turns itself down when you leave. With smart thermostats, they can be controlled anywhere using the app. Just imagine coming home to a warm and cosy home. Every time. The app also shows you how much money and energy you have saved
- Ring Doorbell – Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the best time to get your hands on this device. Usually, because they are heavily discounted. The smart home device is a great purchase. From this device, you can stream your favourite music, turn on the smart kettle to make a cupper or order groceries to be delivered to your door.
- Faraday Bag or Box – Recent figures from LV General Insurance shows ‘theft of’ car claims have risen by 20 per cent in recent years. With the aid of a relay device, tech savy criminals are driving away within minutes. But for just a few pounds, you can purchase a faraday bag or box to foil this tactic. Once your vehicle is locked, simply place your keys in the bag or box and that will block the signal from your key which allows thieves to steal you car. Whilst not the most exciting Black Friday/Cyber Monday purchase, an easy and cheap solution which could cost you in the long run.
- Smart/Hybrid Mattress – The Better Sleep Council recommends replacing your mattress every 7-10 years, however, you should probably change it if you notice your sleeping pattern changes or how you feel when you wake up. If you’re in the market for a new mattress, Black Friday/Cyber Monday could be the best time to get a smart or hybrid mattress. A hybrid mattress uses traditional pocket or open springs with the added luxury of memory foam, latex or gel layer for support and comfort. Smart mattress go further by also tracking your sleep health and adjust according to your position preference. Both can be very expensive but you could save a packet during the sales.
What’s on your Black Friday/Cyber Monday wishlist? Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below.